At Center for Spiritual Living Metro, we envision a world that works for everyone, everywhere, without exceptions.
Our mission is to inspire you to awaken to your own Divinity and lead a life that brings you joy and fulfillment.
Wherever you are on your life journey, we invite you to investigate, experiment, experience, and embody Spirit in you!
- We envision the emergence of a Global Heart to balance and guide the further evolution of humanity.
- We see a world free of homelessness, violence, war, hunger, separation, and disenfranchisement.
- We see a world in which there is generous and continuous sharing of heart and resources.
- A world in which forgiveness, whether for errors, injustices, or debts is the norm.
- A world in which borders are irrelevant.
- A world which has renewed its emphasis on beauty, nature, and love through a resurgence of creativity, art, and aesthetics.
- A world in which fellowship prospers and connects through the guidance of spiritual wisdom and experience.
- A world in which we live and grow as One Human Family
What We Believe
Our beliefs at CSL Metro provide a spiritual path and way of living that offers freedom, peace, joy, and satisfaction:
- We believe in God, the Living Spirit Almighty; One indestructible, absolute, and self-existent Cause. This One manifests Itself in and through all creation but is not absorbed by Its creation. The manifest universe is the body of God, it is the logical and necessary outcome of the infinite self-knowingness of God.
- We believe in the incarnation of the Spirit in everyone and that all people are incarnations of the One Spirit.
- We believe in the eternality, the immortality and the continuity of the individual soul, forever and ever expanding.
- We believe that heaven is within us and that we experience this kingdom to the degree that we become conscious of it.
- We believe the ultimate goal of life to be a complete emancipation from all discord of every nature, and that this goal is sure to be attained by all.
- We believe in the unity of all life, and that the highest God and the innermost God is one God.
- We believe in the direct revelation of Truth through the intuitive and spiritual nature of the individual, and that any person may become a revealer of Truth who lives in close contact with the indwelling God.
- We believe that the Universal Spirit, which is God, operates through a Universal Mind, which is the Law of God and that we are surrounded by this Creative Mind which receives the direct impress of our thoughts and acts upon it.
- We believe in the healing of the sick through the Power of this Mind.
- We believe in the control of conditions through the Power of this Mind.
- We believe in the eternal Goodness, the eternal Loving-kindness, and the eternal Givingness of Life to all.
- We believe in our own soul, our own spirit, and our own destiny, for we understand that the life of all is God.
At Center for Spiritual Living Metro, our philosophy is drawn from ancient and contemporary wisdom. Writer and lecturer Dr. Ernest Holmes, who studied world religious traditions and spiritual paths, founded CSL in the early 20th century.Dr. Holmes synthesized what he gathered from his studies into what is known as The Science of Mind. CSL Metro conveys the teachings expressed in Dr. Holmes’ writing, as well as others that align with those teachings.
According to Ernest Holmes, “The Science of Mind is the study of Life and the nature of the laws of thought; the conception that we live in a spiritual Universe; that God is in, through, around, and for us.” Dr. Holmes also declared, “Ours is a simple faith,” with a very practical approach to life and how we look at ourselves and fit into our world.
He developed a universal philosophy and approach to spiritual living that profoundly resonates to this day:
- There is one power and presence in the world, which we call God.
- God is all there is, so we are by nature a part of God, filled with and surrounded by God.
- As we become conscious of this truth, we grow in awareness and awaken to our ability.
- There are spiritual laws that govern the universe that are there for us to use to influence our lives for good as improved health, finances, relationship, or simply happiness.
- We receive and experience this good to the extent that we are receptive, and we teach ways to expand that receptivity.